Fit & Fun: Curvy Lady Starts Training for Second Tri

This August, I hopefully will be participating in my second sprint triathlon. Many a person has told me to record the journey to the sprint tri to promote my wellness coaching business and as an inspiring story. Cause I am not a skinny woman. Cause I am not your traditional athlete. I am an artist with a day job. I weigh about 198 pounds. And though I hope to lose some weight while training, My main point of doing the tri and why I coach folks, is that I am a beautiful woman who can enjoy working towards attaining goals. Imperfectly and in my own way. There is so much pressure to have more and be more. I want to talk about how exercising is a time for me to be present and enjoy where I live.

SO...here is a photo after my first Tri two years ago:


I plan to share my training plan with you all. Talk about food. And share ways I make exercise fun. And how I mentally push forward through aches, pains, and having NOT ENOUGH TIME to train. Also, the tough stuff, like wanting to stop and how I decide when to push and when I decide to take breaks. With all that in mind I am about two weeks behind schedule of starting my training. This winter and early spring I did weight training and participated in my first mini indoor tri at the YWCA. Then I took a two week break that got a bit extended because of a death in the family. First lesson, START don't fret that you are too late. Get started. :)

Thanks for joining me on this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Training is Healing

Week 10: Migraines and Bike Rides