Week 7: Getting to Running and Keeping It All Going

Part of me feels like because I did this two years ago. I should be doing MORE. Like I shouldn't be shooting for a time like the one I got two years ago. But something BETTER. Thing is that year in between training. I didn't exercise like I needed to to make that a reality. I am a pretty active person. I walk all the time. I love to swim. And training for the last tri made me a bike person. I am also thirteen pounds heavier than the last time I raced. And I wasn't small to begin with. This week I had a person call me crazy for doing this tri. She is a friend and said it in a joking way but she was serious. It seems crazy to her.

I find this a lot in my life. I have friends that enjoy a part of what I do but not the whole. I have art friends. Who don't get the exercise part of me. Or I have friends that don't get my love of all things spiritual. People are hard to encompass into one small thing. And we are taught to fit into these teeny tiny boxes. And as women we are taught to be invisible. So we have to proclaim LOUDLY what we are and STICK TO IT. No waffling. Well, I am still learning who I am and what I am. I know I am an artist. But I also wonder if I am a healer too. And I wonder if I am supposed to work art supply retail for the rest of my life and make art. Or am I supposed to go back to school? And as a very single woman make more money doing something in the healing arts? I don't know yet. And mostly I am trying to love each minute I get here on planet earth. Even if that means watching Dr Who while I weave moon necklaces for an upcoming artist market.

SO training.
Monday I swam in the pool. my happiest of places. On Fourth of July they give us a sort of day off saying that we should enjoy our fitness. I think I walked a tiny bit. :P
I skipped biking this week out of pure mental laziness. But FINALLY got to the run/walk training like I should and walked 2.4 miles to work on Thursday.

I ignored the Brick workout on Saturday. Eek. Instead on Saturday I walked a few more miles to get back on the run/walk training.
Today is Sunday, and I am on my way to the pool to swim some more. It is predicted to thunderstorm this morning so I am skipping my morning swim in Lake Nokomis. Training says I need to get 40 minutes of run/walking in. And this is the danger of blogging before I train. But I am going to do this training on the treadmill tonight. I have a lot of weaving to do to get ready for these artist markets I am in. And I need to get chains for the necklaces. So I am kind of a chicken with it's head cut off going in so many directions.

I am at 193.6 pounds as of Monday when I weighed myself at the YMCA. This is great! It means I am losing about a pound or more a week. Which in terms of the race. I would LOVE to be back down close to the weight I was last time I raced. That is NOT going to happen. As I was at 170 and it wouldn't be healthy to lose that much weight that fast. But as I get closer to the actual day I am really hoping for a 180 weight the day of the race. I have said it every time I talk about weight. Training is not about weight loss. It is about muscle tone and mental strength. And those things are DEFINITELY getting stronger! I am feeling...good about how things are going. That I am sticking to training. That I will start doing some of the brick workouts in the next two weeks. And that I make all of this work around my crazy schedule.

Food: I sway from doing well to eating cheese puffs for breakfast. :) But it is so great having CSA veggie salads. And I made a healthy corn and black bean meal that I ate for much of the week. I have a lot of quick food from Trader's Joes that I wouldn't call healthy but I would call CHEAP. And with trying to save up for Japan. I am resorting to lots of Tamales for lunch. :)

Self Care: I have started reading a book about moon phases. I would consider this a spiritual book. I focus in on what the phase of the moon means and what activities it is good to do at that time. I am journaling a lot. Terribly, I am not meditating much. Though I use Insight Meditation App and I have hit 100 days with a session. :) I hope this week to get back to at least 15 minutes in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Training is Healing

Fit & Fun: Curvy Lady Starts Training for Second Tri

Week 10: Migraines and Bike Rides