Week 10: Migraines and Bike Rides

Well here we are. TWO WEEKS OUT! Can you believe it!?!?!?
I wouldn't win any medals for doing all the workouts. But...and memory can be fickle. I am pretty sure I feel calmer and more prepared than last time.

This week was, in essence, terrible. I had a migraine for the whole first of the week. I think it is PMS related...And that is a fun topic! Being a woman training when you can have SUPER intense PMS. Sometimes for me the emotional effects of my period start A WHOLE WEEK BEFORE my period.
I am VERY glad I will not have my period DURING the race cause that is a whole other awful mess. Can you imagine doing three physical activities when you are super TIRED and menstruating? Ugh. What a mess that would be. So far I have dodged that bullet with Tris. But I have run 5ks with my period. NOT FUN. the other thing is...my body is TIRED at this point. I am working it harder than I have since the last Tri. I did the indoor Tri and survived. So I feel good. But this week I had to say no workouts. Until this Sunday...

Sometimes when I am exercising, I start to write this blog in my head. Writers do this all the time. And I have been writing a bit outside of this blog. Words get in your head and they push through to larger ideas. Or maybe the other way around. And I don't feel bad about this week being terrible. I feel like I listened to my body and then I got back on the horse.
Me in my bike jersey going back out there! LOOK AT THAT HAIR?!?!?!

Today I biked 4 1/2 miles and then walked to and from the coop afterwards. A lazy woman's brick work out. But it worked and it felt great to get back to it.

The crazy thing is we are now in the TAPER of the Tri training. I have about 4 difficult workouts before we are just keeping our bodies loose to then get to it!

Other crazy thing is I am already thinking about NEXT YEAR! And how I might to the supersprint to work on technique and get stronger to then go back and do the longer one :P....Or maybe I will take a year off. We shall see. First, I have to stay healthy and injury free and get to the event!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Training is Healing

Fit & Fun: Curvy Lady Starts Training for Second Tri