Tri Training Week Two

Getting started can be hard! My mind wants to find reasons not to train when it isn't my favorite part of training. I LOVE going to the Y to swim but I don't want to step out my door to walk/run. So the mental part of training is the biggest hurdle to this week.



I will start with Saturday cause that wasn't discussed in my last blog.
Saturday: No training for me. I was supposed to bike 30 minutes. I woke up around 5am and couldn't sleep for quite awhile and I almost got up and biked but I really needed my sleep as my family was doing a two and half hour car ride twice in one day to visit my Grandpa. That doesn't even count the trips from my apartment to my parent's house in the burbs to be all together. I did chase after my nephews but mostly was not an active day.

Sunday: Was walk/run 20 minutes. I went to the Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden and instead of dong my training separately from this trip. It was part of it. After hiking around the garden. I took a detour through the woods to get back to my bus stop. There were some BIG hills. I have no idea how long my hike was but those hills kicked my butt. And definitely feel like I walked around an hour in total.
*NOTE* It is a slippery slope counting activities as training cause intervals get important quick. And it is a think line between being kind to yourself and your body and just skipping training. But I definitely need to be kind to myself throughout AND I definitely got my heart rate up climbing hills in Theodore Wirth Park.

Monday: I had to work on Memorial Day which was a slight bummer. It also meant I hadn't done my training until 10 pm at night. I got on the stationary bike and did interval biking for 24 minutes. I biked 5 miles. And I feel good that I got to it! Even though I REALLY didn't want to.

Tuesday: My FAV the swimming part of the training. I got in there and did the work out. I spend a few minutes before and after in the hot tub. which seems to be helping with muscle tightness.

Wednesday: Is supposed to be a rest day BUT my work week gets crazy at the end of the week. So I walked to and from the bank which is 1.4 miles. I didn't do intervals but time wise I went a little bit longer than the time mentioned. I KNOW I need to get to intervals but I wanted to get this workout in. Sometimes people get wide eyed when I tell them I waled from a place to another place and back. Like it is some huge feat. I am a transit user and I LOVE to walk.

Thursday: Will now be a rest day. So I am going to send this out email. And get ready for the weekend workouts.

FOOD: I am eating a lot of KIND breakfast bars as breakfast and as snacks. I also bought some vegan bars as snacks with high protein and calories.

For lunch I am back with the whole foods salads! YUM! lots of kale and quinoa.

Snacks I had bananas and meat sticks. At different times. :)

Still not doing great with substantial dinners. I tend to eat leftovers. I have bought a lot of Thai food take out. Fried rice and noodle type dishes cause they go far as left overs and I don't have to make them. I get kinds with lots of veggies in them with a meat.

With working out I have to be careful that I eat enough calories to workout this hard. I am aware I need to pay attention to my eating in a different way. The tough thing is I am saying up for a trip to Japan and I am making sure I don't splurge on food. Which means I buy less snacky things which has its pros and cons.

SELF CARE: I cleaned out the bath tub! Baths are my favorite relaxation activity. So I am happily taking those in my down time. I am prepping to make a lot of textiles to have as gifts for a fundraiser to go to Japan. I have been pretty amped up. I have more energy but I am also a bit more anxious. Trying to keep a good balance of energies as I train. I try to take shorter breaks to accommodate that energy. There is a lot of cleaning that needs to be done and exercising seems to put me in the right frame of mind to do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Training is Healing

Fit & Fun: Curvy Lady Starts Training for Second Tri

Week 10: Migraines and Bike Rides