Tri Training Week 4: BUILD and moan

The gorgeeeeous sky on my way to my massage this week.
The build weeks are most definitely the hardest for me. This is where I break through and push past where my body really wants to be. Going longer for the first time in training.
Some Tri Tips that came to me during my bike ride today:
1) When on your bike. Once you are warmed up. Try riding a gear above what you think is comfortable. I find I am AMAZED at how much faster I go and how much easier it is. And then I don't feel bad about dropping a gear when going up a hill.

2) DON'T FORGET THE SUNSCREEN. It is A LOT of training in the sunny summer sun. SUNSCREEN. SUNSCREEN. SUNSCREEN.

3)Even if you think you can't do what the training says. Get out there and do SOMETHING.


Monday: Got my bike ride in. Note last blog entry. Great thing about summer training is the sun doesn't go down till after 9pm at points! Woooooo. Get that training in.

Tuesday: I rested and did the pool day on Wednesday.

Wednesday: In the pool! I went a little beyond the training and did some 1 x 50 faster laps. I thought that was part of it. So I did 400 yards. 2 (1 x 50s) resting 45 seconds in between and 4 (1 x 25) rest thirty seconds. It felt tough but great.

Thursday: Rest.

Friday: I skipped training as I worked 12 hours of a sale at work. That was a lot of standing and walking. But I am going to need to figure out how to get in my walking and running training. I am slacking.

Saturday: Training said do an hour long bike ride. I am not sure how long my bike ride was but I biked from my house to the library and back. Which is about a 5.6 mile ride. And holy HELL there are a LOT of hills and a gentle grade UPWARDS most of the way to the library. I did it and it was in the sun and fun of a summer Sunday. I can't say I had FUN but when the wind ruffled through my hair on the downward hill back to my house....I closed my eyes and breathed deeply (to catch  my breath! :P).

Sunday: Sunday I am working more of that sale. So I have to fit in a big exercise day before work. I plan to WALK to the YMCA and then swim. As I am building into BRICK workouts! Where we do TWO activities in one day. Wooooooo here we go. It is fun. And difficult. Mentally it is tough to say OH-KAY now I have to swim and run! In my case start running (UGH).

NOTE ON WEIGHT LOSE: I weighed myself at the gym on Wednesday. i had weighed myself at my parents house a week before training started and I was at 198. I am now at 194. Now I said at the beginning this whole process is NOT about weight loss. It I wanted to lose weight I wouldn't do this. Tri training is about muscle building, mental toughness, and perseverance. If I wanted to loss weight I would concentrate more on what I was eating AND interval cardio. What is GREAT is I am toning up. Muscles are strengthening! Losing weight will make the Tri easier cause when I get to that run I will have left to lift and pound into the ground over and over and over again. :)

Self Care: I got a massage this week! It is most likely the only one I can afford until...well probably August. So thank goodness for that massage and I hope I can stretch, yoga, and hot tub it to August. I use that hot tub EVERY time I swim. :)

Thanks for those who reached out after my emotional blog last week. Grieving is a part of life. And most definitely training keeps my serotonin pumping. Exercise helps me level out how I feel.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Training is Healing

Fit & Fun: Curvy Lady Starts Training for Second Tri

Week 10: Migraines and Bike Rides