Week 5 + 6: The Groove and Falling Off of It

Sorry for the delay in writing.

It is 2pm in the afternoon on Sunday and I am feeling rather accomplished already. Sitting down to write this blog after an active morning.
But first let's talk about my training lapse this past week.

I started out week 5 just fine. Biking and swimming and as per usual on Monday and Wednesday. Alas, the rest of the week I didn't do much of anything with Thursday and Friday being my long work days. That weekend was my nephew's bday and I went out to my parents and didn't have time for exercise. I ate some really RICH foods and ended up having my gallbladder get inflamed. Waking me up and keeping me up for about an hour. I almost went to the doctor but the pain subsided. I really noticed when I don't exercise I eat much richer food and more of it! And that summer is a time that Minnesotans get more social so we eat out more!

Then Week 6, I was working 12 hour days with a art workshop for work and closing the store. SO a week went by and there was no workouts.

I ended Week 6 taking a walk mile walk on Saturday. And then finishing strong with a open swim and walk today (Sunday). YES, I DID wait till I was back on the training horse to write a post. And yes it does feel good to be back at it! I swam 3/4 mile across and back Lake Nokomis and a 1+ mile walk from my friend's house to the lake.

Things I noticed or that happened while I was off training:
1) This EXACT thing happened two years ago while I was training. I missed a whole week around the same time in the training last time. This time, it feels more like it happened because of my schedule. But as the training says during recovery week it is a time to rest your body. Now, I don't recommend STOPPING training but with my active job. I felt ok about things. I did not feel good about missing the TWO BIG exercise days before recovery week while I was at my nephew's party. But hey LIFE it was important to be there. And I am back now.

2) I took the time to buy some new running shoes. As I am once again neglecting running. My feet hurt after work....so I am not looking forward to this training but it is time to get serious!

3) My hair stylist is doing the tri for the first time! It was exciting to meet some one else who is doing the training.

4)It takes a village to train. My good friend let me hide my valuables in her house today and then I walked to Lake Nokomis. Next time I most likely will just leave things there as DOZENS of folks are swimming and their families watch the bags on the shore. But it was MY FIRST TIME across the lake and I didn't know what to expect. It was SUPER fun to see everyone out and about and training. And it was great to have a friend that could watch my wallet while I exercised.

5)I am working through feeling sad about my break up and it really is good to get out and move. When I don't exercise I feel sadder.

So here I am back at it! Listening to my body but also pushing it. Like the 3/4 of a mile across and back Lake Nokomis and the mile walk! Here is to being 6 WEEKS AWAY from the sprint tri!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Training is Healing

Fit & Fun: Curvy Lady Starts Training for Second Tri

Week 10: Migraines and Bike Rides