TRI TRAINING WEEK 3: Building strength!

Well, I found the 2017 Training Guide :P
https://www.ywcampls.org/_asset/hzx4ng/2017-Tri-Training-Plan.pdf
So I am following that now and there are differences.

Showy Ladyslippers


So let's get to the training!
Friday was a REST DAY!

Saturday: I went to the Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden AGAIN to sketch. And this time I took another hike through the woods to get to my 25 minutes of run/walk. Most definitely I am WALKING but the inclines in the walk make me feel good about it. And SHEESH it was HOT out in the high 80s. i had no idea it was going to be that hot that day so I felt good about adapting. Reminds me of adapting to the weather the day of the event.

Sunday: I did ABSOLUTELY nothing. I missed my 45 minute bike and did nothing about it. I brunched with my mother and sister. And I read a book. Terrible? No. Good for training. NOPE. My philosophy is. If I punish myself for missing a day I will quit. I acknowledge that I needed that bike to build up muscle. So I will do a longer bike this week. Tack on more time to Wednesday's biking and call it good.

Monday: a REST DAY! man oh man I felt guilty for taking this rest day!

Tuesday: Back in the pool! Loved it! Went great! I love love love swimming.

Wednesday: I went back to the Eloise Wildflower Garden AGAIN because the Showy Ladyslipper is in BLOOM. So I went to sketch them again. So I biked from Target Field to the garden and then back after a meeting at a local coffee shop. I biked 4 miles there and about 4 miles back. Which was about 4o minutes of biking but with a break in the  middle. I felt good cause the day's training called for 30 minutes and I did more than that. Though not continuously. AND I did a steep ascent which was TOUGH but good!

Thursday: It is back to run/walking. I am posting this before I get to this work out. So let us see if I can stick to what I say. I am going to follow the training. With a 10 minute walk warm up. And then run 4 minutes times 2. So 8 minutes. And then cool down. Most likely this will happen after work in the gym at home.

FOOD: Things have been going alright. More Thai take out. And lots of healthy things. I have had some licorice as a snack. And I need to up my leafy green intake again. But quantity has been good. Not too much and not too little. And I am drinking A LOT less coffee and way more tea. And on exercise days sometimes I skip caffeine all together. I have raspberry sorbet as a nightly treat. And i LOVE it. As a lactose intolerant person my life is a lot of wishing i could eat dairy. And lactaids are great but they make my body not feel good. SO sorbet is amazing.

SELF CARE: The garden has been my place of self care. The past three weeks have been really personally tough. With my life changing in a big way. And I am sad. But I am trying to let go in a healthy way to an important relationship. Sigh. So I am going to the garden to make art but also weaving in my training.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Training is Healing

Fit & Fun: Curvy Lady Starts Training for Second Tri

Week 10: Migraines and Bike Rides